Monday, May 21, 2007

Neil gets owned by Amsterdam

hey what's happening everyone, it's my first entry, so I here it goes...



Oh by the way, there's no usb port on the old amsterdamian computers so still no pictures...I know it's ridiculous.



So we got to amsterdam two days ago on a whopping 35 minute plane ride, which should have felt like no time at all right...wrong. Turns out our plane was a sit whereever you can find a seat plane and every single seat was filled. I am stuck in between my big big brother and a large black man in the back row of the plane. This large black man beside me felt he needed to take up half of my leg space as well as his own, which... you know is fine I guess - except this guy had a very suspicious looking stain on his leg, an x-rated stain on his leg, if you will. So I spend this entire flight trying desperately to avoid coming into contact with the x-rated stain on this guy's leg. So needless to say, this flight felt like about four hours.



But, it just gets better from there. (By the way, don't get me wrong the trip is going well so far, but who wants to hear all the great things about the trip, you'll hear those from John). So we get off the plain and end up on the wrong train which takes us about half an hour outside Amsterdam. At this point for some reason I keep thinking about all those lost travellers movies I've seen like hostel. Anyways we end up back on the right train and into amsterdam. the dutch language by the way...ridiculous. It sounds like an american doing a bad german impression. So we're in Amsterdam now and what do we do? we do what any tourist in amsterdam would do, we went to a traditional Irish pub for dinner which was stew and a beer. I'm going to point out right now, that was the last real 'meal' we've had since then.



Next day, we went on a bike tour for three hours, got lost big time and ended up in some real sketchy areas. Cruised through the red light district which could be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. In the red light district, everything seems a little darker, the streets are a little narrower, and everything reeks of dope, various kinds of dope. Very creepy place. So after being lost and off the map, we get back to the bike rental place with 2 minutes to spare. That was a nice panic attack being completely lost in Holland "ischin't dat veird" I pretty glad I remembered to bust out the goldmember quote when I'm actually in holland.



Later that night we got a slice of New York pizza for dinner. I know it sounds like we're just eating normal food that you can get anywhere, but we can't figure out what traditional dutch food is, the only thing we could think of was there's a bunch of pancake places, which look pretty cool, but 7 euro for pancakes, forgetaboutit. So after the pizza we went to the red light district aggain this time at night to see how creepy the place can actually get (very!) But I can see right now that John is beside me writing his own entry about it right now so I'll leave it. But I have to say one thing, the eastern european guys absolutely love that shit...they were all in the market for various 'transactions' Ha!



The last thing I'll mention, is that hostels are amazing (the sarcasm here is just piled on as thick as possible). So we have a room with 6 beds, 3 bunkbeads (the top bunk by the way...about 10 degrees warmer than everywhere else in the room. Even this doesn't bother me that much...was puts me into a murderous rage howerver, were my roommates; 4 spanish girls I now refer to as the Spanish Inquisition, because the tortured me to no end. I'm sick right now by the way, very very sick. And it was made much worse by the spanish inquisition. THey stroll into the room last night at 2 in the morning, and talk so f#&$in loud I was so choked out of time more to come

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, Neil, you slept with four hot Spanish girls who kept you up all night and you think you may have caught something...
You see, the story is all in the telling.